HOSTING PRIVACY STATEMENT
A.D.S. and United Online Web Services provides various consumer Internet subscription services including Internet web sites, web hosting services, domain registration, e-mail services and other services (collectively, the “Services”) under multiple brands including , without limitation, emailMyName, mySite, FreeServers, 50megs, Community Architect, and BizHosting. A.D.S. is committed to safeguarding your privacy online and created this Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to protecting the online privacy of users of our services
By using the Services you consent to our gathering, use and disclosure of your information, as described in this Privacy Statement, the Terms of Service and the other documents, agreements and materials incorporated therein (collectively referred to as the “Rules”). This Privacy Statement may change from time to time and A.D.S. and United Online Web Services will provide notice of changes as described in the Terms of Service.
This Privacy Statement explains the following:
1. What information does A.D.S. and United Online Web Services gather?
A.D.S. gathers information about you and your use of the Services as set forth below.
2. How does A.D.S. and United Online Web Services gather information? A.D.S. gathers information that you submit on any A.D.S. registration forms, surveys, questionnaires or other online forms. A.D.S. gathers information about your use of the Services during such use, and you understand that you are not anonymous to us. A.D.S. may also gather new information or update information from other sources including, for example, verifying and updating your address using third party services, using various methods to update your credit card expiration date or collecting information from our business partners.
3. How does A.D.S. use the gathered information? A.D.S. uses your information to make your use of the Services more personalized and convenient. A.D.S. uses your information to display or deliver materials, such as e-mails, surveys and content. A.D.S. may use your information to target such materials so that they may be more relevant to you than materials that would be provided without the use of your information. A.D.S. may use your information to make online transactions more convenient for you, such as pre-filling online forms that you may submit to us or, for some of our Services, this information may be pre-filled for third parties. A.D.S. may provide your information to third parties as described below in Section 4.
A.D.S. uses your information to communicate with you via email concerning the status of your account including billing issues. Periodically we will also send you Newsletters, Special Offers, and Promotions that may be targeted to you according to your personal information. If you wish to opt-out, or unsubscribe, to these emails you can send an email with the subject "Opt-out" to firstname.lastname@example.org, however, you will still receive account related emails appropriate to your subscription type.
4. With whom does A.D.S. share information we gather?
Third Party Sites and Co-Branded Services. A.D.S. may advertise, promote, reference, recommend or provide links to third party sites, services and products. These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which may not comply with this Privacy Statement, even if the site, service or product is branded with United Online Web Services’ logo or name. A.D.S. and United Online Web Services IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES. A.D.S. and United Online Web Services recommends that you review the privacy policies of any such third parties.
5. How may you access or update stored Information about you? You may review and update your information stored as a part of your account in either the personal profile or billing information areas at any time. To access such information, please click on the “My Account” link or tab from the home page of your Service.
6. How does A.D.S. protect your personal information? All of your account information is password protected for your security. Your billing information is transmitted and displayed using industry-standard SSL encryption. While A.D.S. and United Online Web Services believes that it has implemented reasonable security, A.D.S. cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent unauthorized third parties, such as hackers, from obtaining or accessing your information.
We may use an e-mail delivery and marketing company to send you e-mails. Pixel tags and cookies are used in those e-mail messages and at our website to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site.